Overheard From Under The Pew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

His Eye Is On The Sparrow Banquet Theme

Go down

His Eye Is On The Sparrow Banquet Theme Empty His Eye Is On The Sparrow Banquet Theme

Post  Admin Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:19 pm

Decorations:
Birdhouses (You can have someone in your church make these. You can use these as the door prizes) Terra cotta pot turned upside down, with a size larger water basin sitting on the top to form a birdbath. Hot glue bird on the side. Put a paper napkin in it and mound it with your rolls or muffins. Put one on either side of the birdhouse. Birdhouse napkins.
Programs:
I used pink linen paper to make my programs. Fold in half and stamp with a birdhouse stamp. We colored with colored pencils and cut the front flap only with decorative scissors. Program was inside.
Favor:
I just put bird seed in a round of netting, tied it with a bow that had a card with the ribbon slipped through a hole punch that said M/D banquet, church information, etc, etc, etc.
Sample Menu:
We did a lunch with muffins, and two soups, and dessert salads for desserts. Our guys served. I never do a covered dish.
Song:
"His Eye Is On the Sparrow"
I played a tape of birds singing while we were eating. It was neat. I had a tape player hidden behind a fiscus tree with birds in the branches.

A friend of mine wrote this poem!

HE WATCHES ME
Matthew 10:29-31
BeckyBourque 23 Feb. 01

His eye is on the sparrow; He sees them when they fall.
Jesus watches over me. So, on Him I can call.
I need not look around me, the circumstance I’m in.
To fret and worry on them, the Bible says is sin.
Since every hair is numbered, He watches over me,
Then I shan’t look at problems, but Jesus I shall see.
Thank you, Lord, for promises; for all your loving care.
Even when the sparrow falls I know that you are there.

Admin
Admin

https://underthepew.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down